London, United Kingdom – Independent Game Developer Vivid Games is proud to announce the launch of Real Boxing, their highly anticipated new game exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Real Boxing is an ultra-realistic boxing game featuring lifelike graphics powered by the Unreal Engine as well as extensive motion capture from professional boxers. The game also introduces the V-Motion Gesture Control System in which the player controls the action on screen using real punches that are detected via the device’s camera.
Real Boxing features an immersive Career Mode in which players fight through multiple tournaments and real-world venues in their quest to become boxing’s World Champion. Whilst vying for the title, players must take on over twenty opponents, each with their own unique fighting style. Players can improve their boxer’s core skills through a series of mini games including skipping rope, heavy bag and mini bag. Players can also extensively customise the appearance of their boxer through hundreds of possible combinations of hairstyle, skin colour, facial hair, clothing and tattoos.
“Real Boxing is breaking new ground for sports titles on the App Store by combining the raw power of the Unreal Engine with extensive motion capture and the unique V-Motion Gesture Control System”, said Remi Koscielny, CEO of Vivid Games. “The entire experience is designed to completely immerse the player in the fight and provide a near-cinematic experience. With its unparalleled realism and totally immersive gameplay, Real Boxing delivers a truly unique boxing experience for gamers that’s just like stepping into the ring for real.”
* Amazing Unreal-powered graphics and motion capture create astonishing realism. See sweat and blood fly with every punch
* Swipe and tap or control your boxer with your fists using the revolutionary V-Motion Gesture Control System and your iOS device’s camera
* Deep Career Mode with over 30 fights and three belt titles to win
* Train your boxer with mini games including skipping rope, heavy bag and mini bag
* Fight over 20 opponents with their own unique and adaptive fighting styles
* Play KO and Clinch minigames during a round for an energy boost
* See, hear, and feel the roar of the crowd across 4 incredibly detailed venues
* Unlock new equipment, extra opponents and customised clothing
* Customize your fighter’s appearance: hairstyle, skin colour, tattoos and clothing
* Plug into your TV for a truly console-like experience
* Challenge friends in online multiplayer via Game Center
* iPhone 4/4S/5, iPod touch (4/5th gen), iPad 2 (Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi + 3G) iPad (3rd gen), iPad (Wi-Fi + 4G), iPad (4th gen), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th gen), iPad mini and iPad mini (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 193 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Real Boxing 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Vivid Games is one of Europe’s premier emerging independent development studios, with a passion for accessible and engaging gaming at the heart of its philosophy. Founded in 2006, Vivid Games is making a valuable contribution to the worldwide games development community. Vivid Games has become renowned for its specialization in cross-platform development, working both with licensed brands and exciting new IPs of its own. Copyright (C) 2012 Vivid Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.