Indie developer Dobsoft Studios has released on the App Store Knight Saves Queen, the latest game in its growing portfolio. Knight Saves Queen borrows elements of chess to create a brand new, challenging puzzle game. Combined with charming visuals, an orchestral soundtrack and 100 levels to conquer at release (with more to come), the free-to-download app presents a compelling package for puzzle fans with an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Players of Knight Saves Queen assume the role of the heroic Knight from chess and battle enemies across 100 puzzles in order to rescue the Queen. One by one the entire cast from chess joins in, presenting new obstacles to overcome, as well as allies to aid the player’s cause.
Don’t allow the appealing graphical style and relaxing atmosphere to mislead, however – there is plenty of challenge in the game’s puzzles, and it only gets more difficult as the level tally increases. Players can expect an engaging and formidable adventure as they traverse the map and visit a variety of different thematic locales.
* 100 fun and challenging levels
* Sprawling world map to conquer
* Charming art style accompanied by an orchestral soundtrack
* An armory full of new weapons, mounts and other equipment to collect
* Two dozen Game Center achievements to unlock
* More levels, items and achievements to come in updates
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.1 or later
* 63.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Knight Saves Queen is free (today only) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.