Lisbon, Portugal – Jorge O’Neill today is pleased to announce the release of ‘Namer – The Origin of Names’ 2.0, an update to his popular entertainment app developed for iPhone and iPod touch (compatible with iPad). In one sentence, ‘Namer – The Origin of Names’ is an App that allows the user to find the origin and meaning of personal names, in the easiest and simplest way possible.
Several Apps where already available on the App Store, that showed a list of personal names and some sort of descriptions. However, most seemed to have a combination of blunt interfaces, sparse or inaccurate name descriptions, or tons of non-sense names just for bragging rights of the sheer number of names provided. This lack of good Apps available in its category was seen by the App development team as a great opportunity for the development of ‘Namer – The Origin of Names’.
“I believe that this kind of ‘single task’ mobile App, has to do what it does in the quickest and simplest way possible, at the risk of loosing the user’s attention and interest” says Jorge O’Neill, the Lead Developer in this project. “It should also be pleasant to use: it should be aesthetically appealing and provide full functionality without requiring from the user any additional learning than what is needed to operate the device where the App is installed”.
With that in mind, ‘Namer – The Origin of Names’ was developed with the goal of making the simple tasks of finding, viewing, storing and sharing meaningful name descriptions, as simple and enjoyable as possible. The greatest relevance and dedication however was given to content. An accurate and meaningful name origin/meaning database was built by researching several different sources.
Version 2.0 released today further enhances the look and feel of the App, by providing a completely new interface design that takes advantage of iOS 7′s new look and architecture, while still maintaining the backward compatibility with older systems
* Sensible names and meaningful descriptions. Unlike other apps, we don’t want to waste your time with nonsense
* For every name you’ll have its meaning in a couple of words, and a more detailed text describing its origin
* Browse names by gender, using the convenient index feature
* Search by name
* Search by meaning
* Add to your own list of favorite names with no need to register, just by tapping the star next to the names you like
* Share names with your friends on Facebook (available only for iOS 6.0 and above), Twitter or by E-mail
* Completely redesigned to take advantage of iOS7 new look and architecture. Still backward compatible with older systems
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 1.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Namer – The Origin of Names 2.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and it’s now available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Jorge O’Neill, a full time investment banker based in Lisbon, started developing software for iOS in 2012. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Jorge O’Neill. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.