BOSTON, June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ – Based on popular demand, the free-to-play cross-platform conspiracy action game “Ninja Time Pirates,” is now available on Android, after initially launching on the Apple App Store and Steam Greenlight.
Created by HappyGiant, an independent developer and publisher of videogames for PCs and mobile devices led by former LucasArts Entertainment veterans including CEO Michael Levine, the game infuses story & science into action – RPG. As a result, the app has developed a growing fan base and has a 4.5 average rating on the App Store. Additionally, “Ninja Time Pirates” was named in the “Top 10 Best Mobile Games” at PAX East by Evolve Entertainment and “Top Games to Watch at PAX EAST” by Microsoft.
The game empowers players to travel throughout history and fight alongside George Washington, Ben Franklin, Blackbeard, Cleopatra, Shaka Zulu (coming soon) and more against aliens from another universe. Stop them from “Time-Forming” Earth and changing its past to alter its future!
Levine did extensive research into the story and science behind the game. He met with and studied the work of Ron Mallett, a leading theoretical physicist who validated the game’s realistic possibility of time travel.
“The possibility of Time Travel is very real, as my work is proving,” said Mallett. “While Ninja Time Pirates is a complete fantasy, and a fun one at that, HappyGiant took the science of Time Travel in it, very seriously. I hope the game will inspire people to look deeper into the actual science behind Time Travel.”
- Action RPG/Squad based shooter – Select your team from a number of famous historical characters, with super powers and crazy futuristic weapons. Collect and play as George Washington, Ben Franklin, Cleopatra, Erik the Red, Nostradamus, and many, many more.
- Multiple Environments – Travel through time from Colonial New England, to Ancient Egypt, to the Viking era, to the Philadelphia Experiment, Roswell and more – all in real-time 3D.
- Multiple Gameplay Objectives – Each Mission has different objectives to complete including capture, destruction and stealth.
- Weapons – Unlock and purchase from a plethora of awesome weapons, including the devastating Plasma Blaster, crushing Gatlin Gun, and the savage Shurikenator. Also side arms such as “Time Bombs”, “Gravitizers”, “Minimizers,” and an assortment of vehicles like Alien Hover Tanks, Jeeps, UFOs and more.
- Special Powers – Each famous “Time Guardian” comes with a Special Power – Ben Franklin’s “Kite’ning”, or George Washington’s “Cherry Bomb” or Ninja Retro’s “Black Hole in One”, which sucks enemies into oblivion.
To download or read more information about the game, please visit:
- GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.happygiant.ntp
- iOS App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ninja-time-pirates/id746397889?ls=1&mt=8
- Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244093252
- Website: http://www.ninjatimepirates.com
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NinjaTimePirates
- Twitter: #ninjatimepirate
- YouTube Trailer: http://youtu.be/kF5ldaKhlDM
Founded by veterans of LucasArts, ILM, Activision and others, HappyGiant is a developer and publisher of videogames for PCs, mobile, tablets and more.