The Skylanders Giants are jumping off of the Portal of Power and onto the prestiguous squares of Boardwalk and Park Place, as the first-ever Skylanders Monopoly board game is now available at Amazon. In the new game, your favorite Skylanders characters, including KAOS and Chompie, are taking over America’s classic property-trading game with all-new Skylands locations, tokens and game pieces.
Skylanders Monopoly lets players vie for control of coveted real estate, allowing them to buy, sell and trade 22 newly discovered Skylands locations for supreme real estate rule over the board. The locations, of course, are all set to the backdrop of the recognized traditional Monopoly gameplay.
That means that players buy, sell and trade the likes of Stealth Elf’s Ninja Dojo, Trigger Happy’s Bank Vault and Spyro’s Chompy Diner while steering clear of Auric’s Traveling Store Taxes and Persephone’s Gem Shop Tax. The goal is to battle for (and ultimately own) Thumpback’s Thundering Tide Pool and Zap’s Lightning Race Track — the prime properties traditionally occupied by Boardwalk and Park Place. A full roster of properties is listed below.
The Skylanders Monopoly board game and box top showcase custom art featuring the most popular Skylanders characters, so fans can jump right into the world of Skylands. The familiar game tokens that players use to navigate through the game board have been completely redesigned for Skylanders fans. Players may choose to use one of six collectible metal tokens — KAOS, Sheep, Cannon, Pirate Ship, Swords or Chompie — as they go around the board and pass go.
The full lineup of color-coded properties in Skylanders Monopoly is:
- Boardwalk: Thumpback’s Thundering Tide Pool
- Park Place: Zap’s Lightning Race Track
- Green: Stealth Elf’s Ninja Dojo, Tree Rex’s Tree house, Stump Smash’s Nut Crackers
- Yellow: Chop Chop’s Boneyard, Cynder’s Haunted House, Eye Brawl’s Optometry
- Red: Eruptor’s Hot Springs, Hot Dog’s Lemonade Stand, Ignitor’s Medieval BBQ
- Orange: Trigger Happy’s Bank Vault, Drobot’s Oil Change, Bouncer’s Roboball
- Magenta: Spyro’s Chompy Diner, Pop Fizz Flavor Laboratory, Ninjini’s Bottle Shop
- Light Blue: Lightning Rod’s Cloud Gym, Jet-Vac’s Indoor Skydiving, Whirlwind’s Rainbow Lounge
- Brown: Terrafin’s Mud Spa, Crusher’s Home Improvement
- Railroads: Flynn’s Blimp Tours, Air-Pirate Express, Molekin Mine Train, Dread Yacht Delivery Service
- Community Chest: Treasure Chest
- Chance: Luck-O-Tron
- Electric Company: Core of Light Electric
- Waterworks: Drill-X’s Boxed Beats
- Income Tax: Auric’s Traveling Store Taxes
- Luxury Tax: Persephone’s Gem Shop
- Custom Money: Gold Coins
- Houses: Renamed as Huts
- Hotels: Renamed as Castles
If you’d like to get the game now, you may order Skylanders Monopoly from Amazon.