The “season pass” concept is hitting Battlefield 4, EA has announced, as DICE is incorporating Battlefield 4 Premium into the upcoming shooter. Battlefield 4 Premium is an exclusive membership for Battlefield fans that provides a year’s worth of downloadable content (DLC) for a single price of $50.
Battlefield 4 Premium members will receive five themed digital expansion packs: Battlefield 4 China Rising, Battlefield 4 Second Assault, Battlefield 4 Naval Strike, Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth and Battlefield 4 Final Stand. In addition to getting each of these five DLC packs, BF4 Premium members will get access to each of them two weeks early. Battlefield 4 Premium will also include weekly content and unique personalization options.
Battlefield 4 Battlepacks add an all-new layer of persistence and an exciting element of chance to the multiplayer progression system in Battlefield 4. Through the course of a player’s multiplayer career, they will receive packs containing random combinations of new camos, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and gun attachments. In addition to what players will earn in-game through normal play, Battlefield 4 Premium members will receive the 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks.
Here’s a bit more information about what’s included in the Battlefield 4 Premium membership:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault: This DLC includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. The content will be available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising: In this DLC pack, players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. It will be available in December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike: Experience dynamic ocean combat in this DLC pack as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. This pack will be available in Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth: In this DLC, the United States strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand: The fifth of the BF4 DLC packs will bring the war to its epic conclusion. The final saga will be available in the summer of 2014.
- Two-weeks early access to all five expansion packs above
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks (as described above)
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, and from PS3 to PS4
Battlefield 4 will be available October 29 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Battlefield 4 will also be available for Xbox One and PS4 “at a later date,” says EA. The cost for Battlefield 4 Premium will be the same across all platforms.