A new puzzle game called Blokis has gone live today for iPad, iPhone and Android devices in which players must clear the board of blocks. It’s not a new concept in theory, but check out this fresh twist: you throw blocks from all four sides to clear the level, destroying all blocks on the board. There is of course a time limit to each level, and all told Blokis has 96 challenging levels.
Here’s how you play:
* You must destroy all the blocks of color (red, yellow, green, blue, gray and purple) and have different ways to do
* Matching three or more blocks of the same color, they explode
* The block “bomb” destroys the four adjacent blocks
* The block “lightning” destroys all in a row until it encounters an obstacle
* Removing them from the board
Players can obtain extra seconds by exploding blocks and taking clocks during the game.
There are several different block types in the game, taking a page from power-ups in classic games like Arkanoid and Breakout:
* Conveyor belt: Changes the direction of the blocks
* Multicolor: Acquires the color of the first block it hits
* Spikes: Destroys the blocks that hit it
* LED: To destroy these blocks you must turn on all the LEDs in the board
* Brick: You must hit it three times to break
* Metallic: This block is undestroyable
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 17.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Blokis is free for both iOS and Android.