Seoul, Korea, Republic Of – Playbean today is pleased to introduce Astrowings2 v. 1.0.1 – Space Odyssey for iOS, a complete re-design of their popular scrolling shooter Game. Featuring world-class sound, detailed graphics, and spectacular effects, AstroWings2 is an advanced arcade game incorporating the skill trees typically found only in complex RPGs. Astrowings2 includes: 13 stages of increasing difficulty, 4 upgrade levels, 8 different offensive and defensive weapons, 4 levels of difficulty, 3 different types of ships, and boss battles at the end of each stage. With very simple touch and drag navigation and vertical scrolling, battles are filled with a dazzling variety of weapons, ships, weapons fire, and effects.
* 13 stages of increasing difficulty level
* Various enemy units
* 4 upgrade levels and 8 different weapons
* World-class sound, detailed graphics, and spectacular effects
* 4 different difficulty modes
* Boss battle in the final 13th stage
* Choice of 3 different kinds of spacecraft: A-Wing, S-Wing, and V-Wing
* Easy controls: just touch and move
* Ranking System: Compete against players around the globe.
At launch in portrait orientation, players select their profile name and their ship. There are three different ships, each with a different balance of characteristics. The red S-Wing vessel is the best overall ship, rated +100% Attack, +100% Defense, and 100% Hit Point. The blue A-Wing spacecraft is strong on offense, rated +200% Attack, -50% Defense, and 50% Hit Point. Finally, the yellow V-Wing ship is strong on defense, rated -50% Attack, +200% Defense, and 150% Hit Point. Players may select any of the three models of ship, and they may then play at any one of four different levels: Easy, Normal, Hard, or Insane.
At each of the 13 stages there is a maximum amount of coins that can be spent on weapons upgrades. Offensive and defensive weapons are acquired in the store, using coins earned through gameplay or coins or packages downloaded as an in-app purchase. Weapons must be added sequentially, following a skills tree that allows the player to customize their ship’s arsenal.
Primary Weapons Tree:
* N-Type Missiles fan out to attack enemies in front; Damage-Medium
* G Missiles are sub weapons firing individual guided missiles; Damage-Medium
* S-Type Missiles fire in all four directions simultaneously; Damage-Medium
* S-Missile is a secondary weapon that attacks enemies in front; Damage-High
* Laser attacks enemies in front; Damage-High
* ML-Type Missiles attack enemies in front along with guided laser beams; Damage-High
* P-Type Energy Beam follows enemy fighters to attack; Damage-Medium
* Mines explode in front of you and inflicts multiple damage; Damage-High
* Defensive Object absorbs damage for your fighter until it is destroyed (secondary)
* D-Type Defensive Object increases the defensive power of a Defensive Object
* Sub-HP increases the HP recovery of a secondary flying object
* Offensive Object shoots laser beams at an area in front of you; Damage-Low
* ATK-Type Offensive Object increases the power of the Offensive Object
With touch and drag navigation, players can quickly move to avoid enemies or pursue attacking opportunities. Buttons on the right side control weapons selection, bombs, and firing. The game’s graphics and animation are of the highest quality: extremely detailed, imaginative, and realistic.
“We designed Astrowings2 to compete in every way with the top space shooters in the Arcade category of the App Store,” stated David Jo of Playbean. “And according to everyone who has tried the game so far, we have succeeded.”
* U.S. English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod touch (3rd/4th generation), and iPad 1/2/3
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 93.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AstroWings2 v.1.0.1 – Space Odyssey is now at the special Introductory price of $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. The app is normally $2.99, and a lite version is available free. Optional coins and packages are available as an in-app purchase. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Seoul, Korea, Playbean was founded by David Jo in 2011. Playbean is a smartphone game company and a subsidiary of Incross. The company has provided new business models through smartphone-based game platforms and offered a broad range of smartphone games with a focus on the recently emerging social network games (SNG), with the aim of providing the nation’s best game contents. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Playbean. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.