London, United Kingdom – Game Division today is pleased to introduce Eggy Ed 1.01 for iOS, their innovative bird killer that features a dual function joypad and a power-up fire control. The goal is to eat as many eggs as possible by hitting different birds flying overhead with a stone. Players control Ed as he runs back and forth, pauses, or jumps. The longer the fire control button is held, the farther the rock goes on release. The dual-function joypad controls both movement and aiming. Ghoulish, wide-mouthed, red monster Eggy Ed progresses sequentially through 45 EGGcellent levels of play.
Ed is a fire engine red monster, with bad skin, a giant mouth with very few teeth, yellow eyes, and a very large, long tongue. He loves eating eggs. Of course, birds are airborne and not easily caught, but Eggy Ed has a limitless supplies of small gray rocks, which he throws straight and fast in hopes of hitting a bird who will drop an egg for him to catch and eat. At the lower levels of play, this is fairly easy. But as gameplay continues, the variety of birds increases, and they become smaller, faster, and harder to hit.
Eggy Ed features an innovative fire control/aiming system. Touch and hold the fire button and small white lines appear above Ed like rungs of a ladder. The longer the button is held, the higher the ladder, which corresponds to the height the stone will reach when the button is released. And with the left hand, the joypad controls Ed’s movement left or right, as well as the angle at which he releases the stone. Gamers quickly discover the enhanced playability afforded by these integrated move/aim and slingshot/release controls. With practice, players can build up potential rock speed, run, turn, and fire at a 30-degree angle to hit a swiftly flying bird overhead.
* 45 tricky levels over 3 worlds – multilayer, animated, side-scrolling action
* 3 Bonus levels – one for each world
* 11 Unlockable perks – unlock additional skills and weapons
* Dual function joystick – movement and aiming
* Power increase fire button – control how high Ed throws the stone
* Eggy Ed merchandise – tank tops, T-shirts, hoodies, and sweats
* Great for all ages, easy to use – easy to learn, super-challenging
* OpenFeint leaderboards – global competition
Even with practiced rock-throwing skills, these birds become too difficult to hit and kill, and so the designers have built in 11 perks, skills and weapons, to assist. Perks are earned by hitting a specific number of each type of bird. After the perk is unlocked, players must collect the requisite number of stars, which are released whenever a bird falls dead. Stars are collected by using the jump button to have Ed leap upwards.
* Double Whammy – lets Ed fire 2 stones simultaneously
* Big Bounce – adds a spring to his step, letting Ed jump higher
* Snow Shoes – gives Ed better traction on the ice
* Turbo Toes – instantly increases Ed’s running speed
* De-Icer – when deployed, this will stop snowballs from freezing on Ed
* Nuke’em – once used, this will complete any level being played
* Timeless Tearaway – makes gameplay easier by slowing things down
* Triple Triumph – fires a triple shot, 3 stones simultaneously
* 50 Pointer – adds 50 points to the player’s score
* 100 Pointer – adds 100 points to the player’s score
* Extended Time – adds 5 seconds of time to the game clock
Rounds are 60 seconds long, and counters display eggs eaten and points scored. And there are a host of dangers Ed must face over 45 levels of play, including lethal bird droppings, skidding penguins, and zombies. Highly rated by players worldwide, Eggy Ed has an extremely high “satisfaction factor,” that is, when the player finally makes a series of difficult shots, employs cool perks, hits swooping avians, and squeezes it all into 60 seconds, the sense of satisfaction is lasting and well earned.
“To celebrate the release of Game Division’s new game, Eggy Ed, we will be giving away to one lucky winner a brand new, shiny iPad 2 in the color of their choice,” announced Paul Doy. “Yes, you read that correctly, a brand new iPad 2 could be yours. Simply purchase the Eggy Ed game for your device, iOS or Android, and then register on the Game Division website. And that’s it, sit back and wait for the drawing. And good luck!”
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* iOS 4.3 or later
* 30.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Eggy Ed 1.01 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Games category. Also available for Android. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in London, UK, Game Division was founded by software engineer Paul Doy in 2011. At Game Division they specialize in developing great games for their customers, always striving for perfection. Developing on iPhone, iPad and Android they hope to bring out some fantastic new games in the future. Copyright (C) 2012 Game Division. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.