San Francisco, California – NoodleWorks Interactive is pleased to announce the release of their award winning Noodle Words – Action Set 1 app for the iPhone. Noodle Words, a highly animated learning app, is now available on the App Store for either the iPhone(R), iPod touch(R), or iPad(R).
Noodle Words is a word toy for kids ages 4-7, an innovative new concept for introducing words and their meanings through engaging interaction. “At NoodleWorks, we believe learning is fun, which is why we offer alternative opportunities for kids to learn through the joy of play”, said Mark Schlichting. “It is our goal to create a new category of interactive educational media that deserve to be called Toys.”
Noodle Words includes 18 action words (verbs) that convey their meanings through lively movement and sound. The Noodle Bugs further reinforce word comprehension as they enthusiastically act out each word’s meaning with their silly and spirited antics. By tapping, dragging, and swiping the words on the iPhone’s touch screen, kids literally play with the animated words to make them spin, sparkle, jump, and bump.
With over 100 lively and humorous bug and word animations, Noodle Words invites every child to come play and explore the essence of these action words. It is this deep engagement that allows them to learn new words and their meanings effortlessly.
* “Noodle Words is a charming educational app that is sure to put a smile on the face of users no matter the age, as well as teach the meaning of action works in ways most delightful. – GiggleApps
* “Noodle Words is one of our favorite apps ever!” – KinderTown
* “Noodle Words is a very interactive word recognition game, and a great game for young readers.” – Famigo
* “This is a terrific app for teaching children the meaning of words.” – The iPhone Mom
* “Noodle Words is simply adorable. This delightful app offers a wonderful learning experience for young children.” – Teachers with Apps
* “The Noodle Words bugs are so cute you just want to bundle them up and turn them into plush toys. Their expressions are giggle inducing, and their motions are all interactively related to the meaning of the featured words.” – Moms with Apps
* “Noodle Words turns 18 action words like spin and sparkle into action-related toys, giving children a fun way to experiment with word meanings.” – Warren Buckleitner, New York Times
* “You will find 18 words that are presented very well, in a child-controlled early language experience that can help a child understand that words have meaning. Because the setting is so silly and playful, this notion comes quick and easy, an impressive feat for any early language experience.” – Children’s Technology Review
Noodle Words sets a new standard for interactivity, fully utilizing the abilities of the iOS. To help bring this vision to life, they partnered with KwiqApps Inc, an independent programming firm.
* Compatible with iPhone 3GS and above, and with all iPads
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later. We support iOS 5.1 and retina displays
* 88.3 MB for iPhone, 98.5 MB for iPad
Availability and Pricing:
Noodle Words – Action Set 1 is currently available for the iPhone on the App Store at a special release sale price of $0.99 (USD). Noodle Words – Active Word Game Set 1 is currently available for the iPad on the App Store at a special sale price of $1.99 (USD).
NoodleWorks is an award-winning innovative digital design company specializing in children’s interactive media. Mark Schlichting, an award-winning children’s designer who created the Boderbund/Random House Living Books series, founded the company in 2000. They are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children everywhere. Already, Noodle Words has won the 2012 KAPi Award for Best Educational Product, was featured as one of the The New York Times’ “Best Apps for Children” and was awarded the Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design by Children’s Technology Review. In addition to winning many awards for his Living Books series, Mark Schlichting recently won the 2012 KAPi Award for Legend Pioneer in recognition of the work he has done with children’s media over the years. Copyright (c) 2012 NoodleWorks Interactive, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.