Edinburgh, United Kingdom – Independent game developer Pixels on Toast launched WordCrasher Blitz for iOS today. Based on the hit game WordCrasher, the game is a universal app, and is free to play.
In WordCrasher Blitz, letters drop onto the screen and can be made into words, destroying them in the process. If the screen fills up, it’s Game Over. Long words and rare letters score high, and combining the two will bring the highest scores.
WordCrasher Blitz adds a new game mode, Quick Game, to the existing Marathon and Flood Panic modes. Quick Game is a more relaxed experience which takes a couple of minutes to play, ideal for short gaming sessions. This new version of the game also adds letter multipliers, adding a new layer of strategy to the mix.
* Full universal app
* Realistic tactile physics. Letters bounce, stack, roll and respond to tilt
* Letter multipliers – x2, x3 and x4 markers on some letters.
* Earn your WordMaster badges. Every game helps you to level up.
* New “Quick Game” mode – 5 words, minimal time pressure. Great for the bus stop.
* iOS 5 Twitter support
* Game Center and OpenFeint
* Over 190,000 words recognized in US, UK and International English
* Every unique word you enter is tracked, and the game tracks your vocabulary.
* Three game modes – Marathon, Flood Panic and Quick Game.
* Freeze time and Bomb power ups
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 18.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WordCrasher Blitz 1.0.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in Edinburgh, UK, Pixels on Toast is a privately held company founded in 2010. An experienced video game industry veteran, Kevin Ng formed the company to develop bite-sized video games for the iPhone and other devices. Copyright (C) 2012 Pixels on Toast. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.