Game creator WizKids/NECA today announce the upcoming release of the Quarriors! dice game for iPad, based on the hit original dice building game. Since its release in 2011, Quarriors! has received several awards, including Most Innovative Game of the Year in 2011 by Dice Tower. It has also been nominated for many awards, such as Best Family Game by Games Magazine Awards in 2012. The digital release for iPad is slated for November in the US.
The Quarriors! dice game for iPad offers single-player and two- to four-player online and offline multiplayer and pass-n-play support. Designed for ages 14 and up, Quarriors! is a unique blend of strategy and chance featuring a revolutionary dice building game mechanic. As a Quarrior! – a mighty mystical warrior – only you have the power to capture dangerous Quarry from the untamed wilds.
The problem: your rivals are plotting against you. They will send their own Creatures and Spells to destroy your Quarry before you can deliver them to Empress Quiana and claim your reward. Summon your Creatures and protect them from your foes and you will earn Glory for yourself. The first player to earn enough Glory will be hailed as the Champion of the Empress. Deck building strategy without the tedium of shuffling.
Quarriors! for iPad features include:
- Full and faithful transliteration of the original dice building board game Quarriors! by Mike Elliot and Eric M. Lang
- Single player and up to 4 player Multi-player and Pass-n-play modes
- Full tutorial
- Automatic scoring and rules enforcement
- Challenging strategic gameplay
- Immersive sounds, art and engaging special effects bring the tabletop game to life
- Compatible with iPad (2nd Generation), iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th Generation) and iPad Mini running iOS 5.1 or greater
The Quarriors! dice game for iPad will be available later this month in the United States. No plans for a worldwide release were announced.