Exeter, United Kingdom – The-i today is pleased to announce Snappa 2.0.2 for iOS, an update to their game playable in 10 different languages, where two online players try to guess the content of drawings made by their opponent who speaks their language and who uses native characters and words. With unlimited rounds to a game, players can draw something for their friends. If their drawing skills are not great, or it takes their fancy, they could alternatively shoot or open a photo, then draw on it, tracing its details. When the photo is optionally removed, only the drawing remains. The player identifies the drawing with a single word, and his or her opponent must correctly guess the word associated with the drawing from 12 lettered tiles. When the drawing is received, players find out the number of letters in the word they are guessing, plus which 12 letters they have to work with. Once the drawing is correctly identified, or the player gives up, players reverse roles.
Snappa is Words with Friends in pictures. To create a new game, players can email an invitation generated by the game, allow the game server to pair them with a random opponent, contact someone already registered to play Snappa, or contact a Facebook Friend. Players can participate in multiple, simultaneous, 2-player games, receiving alerts as each of their games progresses. The Snappa online server, which connects players during gameplay, provides fast responses. Registration to become a Snappa player is free.
* Turn-based game for 2 online players
* Supports words and letters in 10 different languages
* Draw something or trace a photo, remove the photo, and send the drawing to your opponent
* Players must identify each drawing they receive using 12 letter tiles
* Play multiple, simultaneous 2-player games
* Play in your native language against opponents who speak your language – Words and Tile pieces have native characters
* Powerful drawing tools
* Magic Wand optionally removes the photo, leaving only the drawing
* Share your masterpiece with your friends or the world by posting it to Facebook or Twitter or send it by email or as an actual printed postcard in the mail
When creating a drawing, players can draw something or snap a new photo, or open a saved photo. The app includes a brush with different thickness settings, and a choice of six different colors. There is also an eraser tool with different sizes and a magic wand that removes the photo, but preserves the drawing. The game offers hints in the form of bombs, which destroy the letter tiles that are not needed to spell the word. Each new player receives 50 gold coins and 10 bombs when they register to play. Gold coins, won during gameplay, can be redeemed for more vibrant colors or additional bombs as players use up their initial supply.
“Want to draw something a little more specific?” asked Irfaan Jhetam of The-i. “Simply snap a photo, or select one from your photo gallery. You can share it as it is for a friend to guess, or trace it and remove the background photo so that your opponent only sees your drawing masterpiece.”
* English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Thai, Hindi and Korean (More languages to follow)
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 13.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Snappa for iPhone and Snappa HD for iPad are free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Optional gold coins, redeemable for bombs and expanded color palettes, are available as an in-app purchase, starting at $0.99 (USD).
Based in Exeter, United Kingdom, The-i was founded by indie developer Dr Imraan Jhetam in 2010. The-i is a small software team developing for iOS, Android and Blackberry and who specialize in Appcelerator Titanium. Copyright (C) 2012 Snappa. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.