Hong Kong, Hong Kong – Independent developer, Albert Wang, today announces Starry Melody 2.0, a major update to his popular iOS puzzle game. Combining music creation and puzzle solving, Starry Melody creates a beautiful starry sky and provides a relaxing yet fun gaming experience. In the 2.0 version, players can now link stars to form shining constellations while enjoying romantic piano tracks, and share the achievement using the new starry camera.
In the game, players rescue stars in the sky by drawing and connecting them to form beautiful constellations, or by tapping and turning them into smooth melodies. Starry Melody 2.0 has 4 different game modes, including the new “Constellation” mode with 30 levels from easy to difficult for players to discover; the music-oriented “Infini-Music” mode in which melodies are automatically generated with each tap; the challenging “Arcade” mode with a bunch of special items that greatly boost the fun, and the simple to start “Classic” mode.
Draw constellations in the sky by linking stars of the same color. Form designated patterns to reveal each constellation. Players gain star points to unlock new challenge levels and easily share discovered constellation with friends using the starry camera.
Turn stars into music notes with each tap. Melodies are automatically generated according to the underlying pentatonic scale of the stars rescued. It’s easy to create beautiful and unique melodies in this mode.
Different from other similar types of puzzles, this mode is made challenging and fun by adding both free gravity control, anti-gravity effects, and obstacles, as well as a bunch of other fun-boosting special items. Besides saving as many stars as possible, it is also challenging to obtain large combo and high level completeness at the same time.
The Classic mode doesn’t have complex rules, yet it remains the most relaxing and addictive game mode. Gaps between columns will close automatically so it’s much easier to achieve high level completeness.
* Relaxing game environment with smooth music, great for stress relief
* 4 different game modes
* New Constellation game mode with 30 puzzle levels
* Special items in Arcade mode
* User-generated piano melodies in Infini-Music mode
* Game center support with online leader boards and achievements
* New Starry Camera to capture and share the starry sky on Facebook or Twitter
* Day and night themes
* Romantic and peaceful piano tracks from Italian composer, Andrea Baroni
* Improved in-game tutorial and help
* Universal App, enjoy on both iPhone and iPad with single purchase
* Graphics optimized for Retina display
* Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation, iPad, iPad2 and the new iPad.
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 40.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Starry Melody 2.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Starry Melody 2.0
Purchase and Download
Albert Wang is an individual developer based in Hong Kong. He is a senior software engineer with extensive experience in computer graphics and digital video stream processing. He has been in the industry for over 7 years. Copyright (C) 2012 Albert Wang. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.