Mosaic Media today introduced Wizarding Wars, an app to turn your phone into a magic wand. The free new game for iOS lets you challenge your Game Center friends or a random player to a wizard duel. The app captures the device’s motion and detects the user’s voice to cast spells as if you were using a magic wand. Players start with 3 spells but can unlock new spells – which can be healing, damage, strengthening, and weakening spells – by completing more duels.
Wizarding Wars offers:
* Three classes: Wizarding apprentice (energy spells), wandering wizard (light and air spells), and sorceress (fire spells)
* Thirty-eight different spells
* Training Mode to learn the movement patterns and pronunciation
* Practice matches against computer enemies (motion or motion-and-voice mode)
* Game Center duels against friends or random players
* Leaderboard to compete for the most wins
Mosaic Media has a number of updates already in the works. The next update will include, among other things, sound effects to aid in the pronunciation of spells.
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 38.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Wizarding Wars 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.