Tortuga Team today released Braveland, a new turn-based game title for Mac OS X. Braveland is inspired by old-school strategies with an awesome hexagonal battlefield. You start as a humble warrior’s son whose village was cruelly raided by bandits and use your wits and skill to become a commander of your own army.
The story takes place in a colorful, hand-drawn world that is home to many interesting places and characters. Other warriors will join your army – archers, scouts, healers, footmen, arbalesters and more. And don’t forget about the spirit powers of your hero. It’s like magic but not quite the same.
* Turn-based battles in old-school style
* Command your troops and defeat enemies in hand to hand battles
* 26 various warriors and creatures from archers to golems
* Three story chapters each in unique corner of the world
* Evolve your hero, find awesome artifacts and learn battle magic
* Intense boss fights at the end of each story chapter
* Hours of gameplay with 50 battles
* High definition awesome illustrated cartoon art
With 50 battles that will test your tactical skill, 26 unit types to populate the battlefield, intense boss fights, character development, and adorable graphics style, this little gem of a game can serve as a savory appetizer for some, and the main course in the strategic feast for others.
* OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 191 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Braveland is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Games category.