Octagon is a new minimal arcade game in the style of Super Hexagon and Boson X that evolves this emerging genre with fluid controls, trippy graphics, and a frantic pace. Designed for players looking for quick, intense bursts of action, Octagon may look simple, but with unlimited levels and no in-app purchases it packs a ton of value for its low $1.99 (USD) price. Procedurally-generated levels and randomized graphics make Octagon feel different with each run, while a thudding electronica soundtrack by UK based producer Sqeepo keeps the adrenaline pumping level after level.
“My ultimate idea for Octagon was to provide pure challenge without anything else getting in the way. Visually, I was inspired by Apple’s iOS 7 design – minimalist, yet with millions of colors,” explains Korba. “I both love the game and hate it for its difficulty. Playing it is like playing the arcade games I loved on my Atari as a kid.”
* Unlimited number of randomly generated levels
* Dynamic procedural graphics with a minimalistic iOS 7 look
* Original soundtrack by Sqeepo
* Universal App with iCloud syncing across platforms
* Game Controller support
* Game Center Leaderboards and top players visible in the game
* Pure challenge with no in-app purchases or cheats
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* This app is optimized for iPhone 5
* 12.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Octagon 1.0.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.