A new developer video documentary (ViDoc) for Gears of War 3, called “Making Gears of War 3: Inside the Wicked Workshop” (see it below), unveiled the exclusive contents of the Gears of War 3 Epic and Limited Editions. With anticipation already high for Gears of War 3, this pre-E3 video is sure to rile up the Xbox 360 masses even more, so you might want to pre-order one of these SKUs if you want to ensure you get your hands on it. Here are the links:
The new video goes behind the scenes with Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna, who unveils the centerpiece of the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition: a hand-crafted statue of Marcus Fenix, designed by Perna himself and produced by the artisans at Triforce. If you continue reading below the video, we’ve detailed for you every element included in the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition and Limited Edition packages.
As promised, here’s what each package contains:
Gears of War 3 Limited Edition ($79.99 USD)
- An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal – A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn. Dimensions: 77 mm (3 in.) x 10 mm (0.4 in.)
- Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
- The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos
- A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue – Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true Gears of War fan. Dimensions: height 285 mm (11.2 in.), diameter 225 mm (8.9 in.). Weight: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb.)
- The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell – Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack — Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
- All the contents of the “Gears of War 3” Limited Edition
Gears of War 3 Epic Edition ($149.99 USD)
Again, just so you have it, here are the Amazon.com pre-order links to these two items. Get them now, because they’re bound to go fast:
We’ll have more information, videos and screenshots for Gears of War 3 next month from E3.