Family film lovers who like to stream movies online will get their digital hands on How to Train Your Dragon 2 in less than two weeks, on Oct. 21. If you’re more inclined to watch your movies from a disc, you’ll have to wait a few weeks longer, as the How to Train Your Dragon 2 Blu-ray set will hit stores on Nov. 11.
While the wait may be tough, Twentieth Century Fox is making it worth your while with 11 bonus features on the How to Train Your Dragon 2 Blu-ray. There’s also an all-new adventure on the disc called Dragons: Dawn of the Dragon Racers.
Wait, what’s that? A new movie? Not really. Dragons: Dawn of the Dragon Racers is more of a short, though it does include the original voice cast. In Dragons: Dawn of the Dragon Racers, a hunt for lost sheep soon turns into a high-flying sprint in the all-new epic adventure as Hiccup and friends battle to become the first Dragon Racing Champion of Berk.
Dragons: Dawn of the Dragon Racers will not be released in theaters. It’s available exclusively on the How to Train Your Dragon 2 Blu-ray combo pack, the DVD double pack and the upcoming Digital HD version.
The short is meaningful enough that isn’t considered one of the 11 bonus features, but more of a stand-alone mini feature. The 11 bonus features are:
- Fishleg’s Dragon Stats. This builds on the franchise’s card-based game by quizzing viewers on how much they know about their favorite dragons. It also includes a Dragon 2 Guide to learn more about their favorite fire-breathing friends.
- Drago’s War Machines. Gobber the Belch narrates this inside look at the fierce creatures and “high-tech” weapons used by Drago to expand his growing dragon army.
- Berk’s Dragon World. Explore the massive stable created to house the dragons of Berk, along with other changes made on the island to promote harmonious living.
- Hiccup’s Inventions in Flight. Learn the secrets of how Hiccup and Toothless work together to form the ultimate high-flying team in this fascinating interactive tour.
- Deleted Scenes. The awesome adventure continues with telling deleted and extended scenes, including action-packed footage you couldn’t see in theaters!
- Commentary Track with Simon Otto, Bonnie Arnold, Dean DeBlois, and Pierre-Olivier Vincent
- Where No One Goes: The Making of How To Train Your Dragon 2. A bonus feature in which Writer-Director Dean DeBlois and his team take you behind the scenes of creating the film’s visual effects and story.
- Dragon Races. A play-by-play commentary as your favorite riders take part in a dragon race.
- Image Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- World of DreamWorks Animation. A collection of music videos from several DreamWorks Animation feature films.
Online ore-orders are now available for the How to Train Your Dragon 2 Blu-ray combo pack. You can grab them at Amazon if you’re interested.