Tecmo today finally unveiled the long-awaited, updated version of Tecmo Bowl — and it’s not coming to PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, as many gamers hoped. Instead, Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff will appear exclusively on the Nintendo DS, and it will do so this fall.
Based on the popular Tecmo Super Bowl, Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff will have easy-to-use controls (as you’d expect from a DS game) and focus on big plays. The over-the-top game, true to the original’s spirit, will be driven not by Madden-like simulation, but by fast-paced, arcade-style football.
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff includes a host of new features, including
- Customizable Teams: Choose team colors, emblems, player names, team cities and abilities
- Customizable Playbook: Prepare for gridiron greatness by customizing your playbook
- Super Abilities: Tactically use over-the-top plays to take over a game
- Wi-Fi and Wireless Multiplayer: Play against friends across the country or across the room
- Stylus Control: Feel the action by using the stylus to control your player
- Variety of Teams: Choose from 32 different teams
- Cut-Scenes: All-new cut-scenes showing off the dramatic presentation of various plays
- Music and Sound Effects: Turn up the heat on your opponent as you play the game to rock ‘n roll remixes of the most memorable tunes in football history