With the Roger Clemens HGH hubbub (mostly) dying down, it’s safe to talk baseball again, right? OK, good, then try this on for size: Major League Baseball 2K8 today shipped for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2 and PSP. Yep, that’s right: 2K Sports has shipped a game for just about every system imaginable.
Major League Baseball 2K8 switches-up player control with brand-new pitching, fielding and baserunning, as well as a completely overhauled batting interface. Major League Baseball 2K8 will also feature authentic Major League and Minor League stadiums that have been redesigned for accuracy, a unique trading-card system to reward special achievements, a robust Minor League system including 90 playable teams, and all-new Signature Style animations complete with home run celebrations and unique player walk-ups.
Some of the new features and added content in Major League Baseball 2K8 include:
- Total Pitch Control — A new, innovative pitching interface allows players to emulate the realistic motion of pitching a baseball. Speed and accuracy are achieved by matching specific gestures and release with the right analog stick, simulating the arm and wrist action involved in throwing that particular type of pitch.
- Swing Stick 2.0 — Improved batting controls offer players unparalleled ball-to-bat contact that is determined by timing, direction and pitch location for a greater variety of realistic hits, including grounders, blooper singles, dribblers, gappers, and long home runs using the right analog stick.
- All-New Baserunning — Simplified controls allow fans to easily select players with the left analog stick and guide them toward specified bases with ease.
- Precision Throw Control — This new mechanic gives players total over throw accuracy using the right analog stick.
- Full Minor Leagues — Fans will be treated to 90 playable authentic Minor League teams, along with 18 Minor League stadiums in franchise and exhibition modes.
- 2K Trading Cards — Earn them, share them, collect them, trade them, and then take a card-based team online to compete. Unlock and open trading card packs for the most in-depth card trading system ever, taking the Major League Baseball 2K community to a new level.
- Online Additions — Experience all-new multi-player offerings, including new online lobbies to help users match up with others who want to play with a similar style, including a “Strikes Only” lobby, where pitchers can only throw in the strike zone, and lobbies where players use the advanced analog stick controls or the controls from previous iterations of the Major League Baseball 2K series.