2K Sports today shipped NBA 2K8 to North American retailers for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2.
NBA 2K8 includes a host of new features this time around, including:
- Sprite Slam Dunk Contest: Rock the house 2K style with gravity-defying jams as gamers perform from more than 300 dunk variations. Up to four players can play to raise the competition level and even compete online.
- Off-Ball Control: The player isn’t just controlling the ballhandler anymore. Now on offense, users can switch off to other players to call for alley-oops, jostle for post-position, set screens and more.
- Lock-On D: All-new defensive controls give users more control of their player than ever before. Use the right analog to play tighter defense on the ballhandler and run advanced defensive sets.
- The Association: Allows users to run their franchise by identifying player roles, balancing playing time, and keeping team morale up. The Hoopcast Simulator makes simulating games exciting, while SimCentral centralizes all necessary information for real-time stats, standings, injuries and more.
- Next-Gen Movement Technology: With improved Signature Style technology, body actions and movements will react naturally to factors of speed, collisions and momentum.
- Exclusive Music: NBA 2K8 features three exclusive original tracks from the legendary J Dilla with Common, Madlib and Q-Tip with Talib Kweli providing vocals on their respective songs. Rounding out the soundtrack are offerings from Quasimoto, Percee P, Run-DMC, Devo, Cut Chemist, Fishbone, Stone Roses and many more.