From the all-out vehicle warfare of Conquest to the frantic warfare found in the all-new Obliteration mode, Battlefield 4 offers what EA says is the franchise’s most diverse selection of multiplayer modes to date. As gamers prepare for the Battlefield 4 beta and eventual launch, EA has shared with us the first details about all seven Battlefield 4 multiplayer game modes — not just the ones you’ll see in the Battlefield 4 beta.
Battlefield 4 brings seven distinct competitive game modes, all playable on 10 multiplayer maps. By carefully zoning the playable combat areas, adapting flag layouts and catering for a variety of gameplay styles, each map will accommodate any game mode you wish to play. The seven Battlefield 4 multiplayer game modes are:
- Conquest (playable in the Battlefield 4 beta) – All-out vehicle warfare mixed with intense infantry action across land, air and sea
- Domination (playable in the Battlefield 4 beta) – Fast-paced infantry variant of Conquest
- Obliteration – Mad dash in vehicles and on foot to deliver explosives
- Defuse – Competitive close quarters combat
- Team Deathmatch – The classic shooter mode, Battlefield 4 style
- Rush – Fight deep into enemy territory by detonating their M-COM stations
- Squad Deathmatch – Four squads fight on the ground with limited vehicle support in a race to the top of the leaderboard
Battlefield 4 will ship for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on Oct. 29. A few weeks later, the next-gen version will bring the all-out-war experience to the PS4 and Xbox One. Battlefield 4 will be available for PS4 starting November 12 in North America and November 29 in Europe. It will ship for Xbox One starting November 19 in North America and November 22 in Europe. See? The wait for playing all of these Battlefield 4 multiplayer game modes isn’t really that far off now, is it?