2K Games and Gearbox Software today announced Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition, an all-in compendium of everything that is Borderlands 2, but for the same price as the core game. The Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition will ship for Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Mac on Oct. 8 in North America and Oct. 11 elsewhere. Wii U owners, even those who purchase the soon-to-be-discounted Wii U, will still have to go without.
With the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition, players can experience every epic boss battle, increase the level for each of the six playable Vault Hunters and play all of the additional DLC campaign content for $59.99. With the Borderlands 2 Season Pass now complete, you’ll be able to get all the original and new content in one fell swoop.
For those of you tabulating costs at home, that means the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition contains more than $100 worth of content. Yes, that’s a lot. Here’s what the game specifically includes:
- Borderlands 2 Main Game
- Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
- Creature Slaughter Dome
- Premiere Club Content (Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class; Gearbox Gun Pack; Golden Key; Vault Hunter’s Relic)
- Krieg, the Psycho Character Class
- Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1
The Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition will be available in all the usual suspects of game retailers on Oct. 8 or 11, depending on where you live. You will also soon be able to order the game from Amazon using this link.