The first round of downloadable add-on content for Duke Nukem Forever, titled the “Hail to the Icons Parody Pack,” is now available via XBLA and the PSN. A PC version of the Duke Nukem Forever DLC is also available. The DLC costs $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points, depending on your system of choice. It is free for anyone who signed-up for the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club prior to the game’s launch.
The Hail to the Icons Parody Pack contains three new multiplayer modes, four all-new multiplayer maps that parody some of gaming’s iconic battlegrounds and four new weapons. Specifically, the Hail to the Icons Parody Pack includes:
- Three All-New Modes – Freeze Tag provides some of the best team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato, and play free-for-all Duke-style in Hail to the King.
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke loves hats. Give him a mini-gun and take down all comers
The stand-alone game of Duke Nukem Forever is now available for $29.99 on all platforms.