Rockstar Games today announced the release date for the L.A. Noire Official Soundtrack and L.A. Noire: Remixed, which features re-imagined versions of six classic jazz songs. The full L.A. Noire: Remixed track list is below.
The L.A. Noire: Remixed collection features six jazz classics re-interpreted by some of today’s hottest DJs and producers, including Dave Sitek, DJ Premier and Truth & Soul. The L.A. Noire Official Soundtrack, which is decidedly less “club,” is inspired by the orchestral scores of films from the 1940s and has an all-original score composed by Andrew Hale, whose credits include Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and The Getaway. The L.A. Noire Official soundtrack also features modern takes on the classic torch songs of the period and additional music composed by Woody Jackson, who worked on the original score for Red Dead Redemption.
As with many action games, the music of L.A. Noire plays a critical role in the game by helping notify players where additional clues can be found or when a crime scene has been completely scoured for evidence. Players will also hear more than 32 classic jazz tracks through the L.A. Noire in-game world, including such greats as Billie Holiday, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and Thelonious Monk.
Now, on to the L.A. Noire: Remixed Tracklist.
- Elle Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan – “Stone Cold Dead in the Market” (Ticklah remix)
- Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra – “Hey-Ba-Ba-Re-Bop” (Midnight Sun remix)
- Dinah Washington – “A Slick Chick (On the Mellow Side)” (Maximum Balloon remix)
- Louis Jordan – “Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens” (DJ Premier remix)
- Gene Krupa – “Sing Sing Sing” (Truth & Soul Remix)
- Billie Holiday – “That Ol’ Devil Called Love” (Moodymann remix)
L.A. Noire: Remixed and the L.A. Noire Official Soundtrack will both be available for purchase on iTunes on May 17.