Rockstar Games isn’t one to miss a holiday shopping season, a point they proved today in announcing Max Payne 3 Special Edition for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. No, the game hasn’t shipped — it’s not due until March — but the only way to get the Special Edition will be to pre-order it today through January 15, 2012. Pre-orders can be made starting today.
The Max Payne 3 Special Edition is ideal for fans and players looking for premium and collectible Max Payne content, including digital character and weapon packs not found anywhere else. Max Payne 3 Special Edition will retail for $99.99 in North America and is available for pre-order from now until January 15, 2012 while supplies last. A Special Edition will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
The contents of the Max Payne 3 Special Edition available until January 15 include:
- A copy of Max Payne 3
- 10-inch tall Collectible Max Payne Statue created in a collaboration between TriForce and Rockstar Games
- Series of game-inspired Original Still Life Art Prints that depict some of Max Payne’s inner demons and vices
- Copper and brass-plated iron, bullet-shaped Bullet Keychain featuring a screw-off back
- Classic Multiplayer Character Pack of eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem
- Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer that includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail
- Max Payne 3 Official Soundtrack featuring the game’s instrumental score
Max Payne 3 is slated to ship for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC in March 2012.