Sega’s action-shooter The Club, which ships in February for PS3 and Xbox 360, finally had its multiplayer modes unveiled, and there are a ton. All told, The Club will feature eight multiplayer modes, each of which will support up to eight players at a time.
The eight multiplayer modes include:
- Kill Match: This is a standard deathmatch mode in which the player with the most kills at the end of the gamer is the winner.
- Score Match: This is a points-based deathmatch in which players rack up points for kills using the same scoring mechanism used in the single player game (combos and multipliers).
- Hunted Killer: Much like Juggernaut in Halo 2 and Halo 3, one player is a bullet sponge, and everyone else goes after him. when the game begins, the first player to make a kill becomes the Hunted. While hunted, a player’s score ticks up constantly. Only one player can be the hunted, and if a Hunter playermanages to kill the hunted, the hunted status will pass over to the killer. Becoming the hunted and surviving for as long as possible is the only way to score. The hunters are equipped with radar that shows where the hunted player is all the time, but the hunted has no radar at all.
- Team Kill Match: This is a regular team deathmatch.
- Team Fox Hunt: Like an assassination or MVP/VIP mode, one player on each team is assigned as the Fox. The objective is to hunt and kill the enemy team’s Fox without them doing the same to yours. All players begin with the same amount of health, but the fox can use health packs dotted around the level to bring his health up to a maximum of 400%.
- Team Capture: Capture the Flag, basically. Bases are captured by standing on them and holding for 30 seconds. The team that manages to capture the enemy team’s objective, or the team with the most capture time when the timer runs out, is the winner.
- Team Siege: This game mode is inspired by the single-player “Siege” mode. In Team Siege, teams are assigned the role of either attack or defense. Defending players have only one life whereas attacking players re-spawn when killed. The game plays out and the attackers must kill all of the defending players as quickly as possible. The teams then swap roles so the attackers become defenders and the defenders attackers. To win this round teams must survive for longer in defense than the attackers did.
- Team Skull Shot: The aim of this game mode is to destroy all five of the enemy team’s skull-shot targets while defending your own.
Players will choose one of eight fighters, each with his or her own combat techniques and representing a variety of countries and backgrounds. The plot of the game is that these characters are all trying to stay alive in a ruthless underground elite fighting club. Think of it as a modern-day gladiator matchup, and you get the idea.