If the modern-day and yesteryear basketball simulation aspects of NBA 2K12 aren’t your cup of tea, you may be interested to hear that EA has released NBA JAM: on Fire Edition, an oh-so-arcadey basketball game, via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is available effective immediately for $14.99 on PSN and 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade.
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition features new gameplay enhancements such as updated artificial intelligence (AI), all-new online modes and the legendary Tim Kitzrow bringing more unforgettable calls. In addition, outside of the 30 current NBA teams, gamers will have the ability to select from a host of secret teams, unlockable characters, mascots, legendary and international players. All told, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition contains the following new gameplay features:
- Tag Mode and Team Fire Return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves.
- REAL AI – Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and uses it against you.
- JAM Arena – Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
- Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of challenges against superstars and timeless legends from all 30 NBA teams.
- Razzle Dazzle – Fancy moves that allow you to creatively express yourself while you’re in the middle of a game.
- More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before.
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is only available as a digital download.