Ubisoft announced a partnership with Penny Arcade for a new comic book based on the new Prince of Persia title, which ships for PS3 and Xbox 360 this holiday season. The new Penny Arcade comic will reflect to some degree Prince of Persia’s new artistic style.
The expanded 32-page comic book will span roughly four times longer than the usual Penny Arcade comic. It will also give readers a unique knowledge of the new Prince of Persia game and an enhanced understanding about his relationship with Elika.
In addition to the Penny Arcade news, Ubisoft took the wraps off of a first-of-its-kind pre-order special for its new Prince of Persia game. The new program will automatically upgrade the pre-ordering consumer’s copy of the game from “standard” to a new Limited Edition version. The upgrade will be completely free for those who pre-order the platformer.
Included in the Limited Edition upgrade are:
- Collectable Limited Edition packaging
- An exclusive look at the making of Prince of Persia
- A Prima digital mini-strategy guide
- A digital art book that chronicles the game’s journey from concept to winner of Best Artistic Design at E3 2008
- The original soundtrack scored by master composer Inon Zur