Kalypso Media has announced that Port Royale 3 Gold for PS3, a trading/economic simulation game, will set sail on the PlayStation Store later this month. A version of Port Royale 3 Gold will also be available for Windows PC via Steam. Neither SKU has a retail boxed version; Port Royale 3 Gold will be available exclusively as a digital download.
Port Royale 3 Gold for PS3 contains the full version of the multiple award-winning strategy game Port Royale 3; the official expansion pack Treasure Island, which features a new pirate campaign; and two micro expansions, Harbour Master and New Adventures.
In Port Royale 3 Gold, players will embark on an epic adventure through the Caribbean during the turbulent 17th Century where the naval powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands fight for supremacy throughout the colonies. Take on the role of a young captain trying to build his fortune and reputation in the new world where three expansive campaigns offer three different paths for the young protagonist to follow: adventurer, trader and pirate.
Some of the key features of Port Royale 3 Gold for PS3 include:
- Three unique single-player campaigns: the trader, the adventurer and the pirate campaign
- Exciting naval battles, plundering and invasions await adventurous players, while immeasurable wealth and power are waiting for trade-oriented players
- 16 different ship types, such as the powerful Galleon or versatile Frigates
- Huge gameplay map with 60 completely different towns, from Port-au-Prince to Tortuga
- A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world
For those eager to stretch their skills further, Port Royale 3 Gold for PS3 also includes a scenario mode where players will find several demanding challenges in the fields of trade, adventure and piracy. Additionally, following the successful completion of a scenario, each player will receive a score based on their performance, which can be compared to other Port Royale 3 players in the online rankings.