Codemasters today announced the first round of downlodable content (DLC) for Race Driver: GRID. This new DLC for PS3 and Xbox 360 will feature eight cars, hence the name “8-Ball.” On the Xbox 360, it will also include four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points.
The cars in the Race Driver: GRID DLC will include:
- McLaren F1 GTR: The McLaren F1 GTR wrote itself into the history books as the only GT car to ever win Le Mans and is considered one of the finest examples of automotive engineering in history
- TVR Cerbera Speed 12: The TVR 12 smashes past 60 MPH in just under 3 seconds. Production models were planned, but they were considered too powerful to sell to the general public
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X: For more than a decade, the Evo has been billed as a supercar slayer. Now the Evo-X in GRID lets you unleash its sledgehammer aggression in the Pro-Tuned class
- Honda S2000: This roadster is heavily modified for drifting and has become a cult-favourite thanks to its award winning engine
- Nissan GT-R GT500: The production model was Top Gear’s Supercar of the Year 2007. Now one of the world’s hottest cars makes its debut in Race Driver: GRID in its fully tuned racing spec
- VW Nardo: This powerful concept car made real from VW uses its 600BHP engine to rocket to 60MPH in 3.1 seconds
- Pontiac Firebird Trans AM: The 1971 racing edition of this true American legend is a worthy addition to GRID’s exclusive group of muscle cars
- Volvo C30: Adding to Race Driver: GRID’s touring car roster comes the C30, Volvo’s agile, cutting edge hot-hatch straight from the STCC grid
All eight cars will be available to drive in the game’s Race Day mode and online races. In addition to the cars, the pack will make two new multiplayer events set on existing circuits from across GRID’s three continents.
Now, as for those new Achievements:
- Gotta Win ‘Em All (25 Points): Win an online race in each of the 8 Ball pack cars
- Drift Master (25 Points): Achieve a 99x combo in the Honda S2000
- Gas Guzzler (25 Points): Clock up more than 250 miles in your favorite 8 Ball pack car
- Clean Passing (25 Points): Win a clean race in an 8 Ball Pack car from last position
Pricing for the 8-Ball pack will be confirmed at launch. Details for downloadable content for the PC edition of Race Driver: GRID will be announced shortly.