Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition is now available for the Xbox 360 and PS3, a comprehensive package containing the original retail game, a new Hardcore single-player mode, and all the DLC released to date. It also retails for $10 less than the original core game, so it’s a fantastic deal.
For those who aren’t familiar with Red Dead Redemption, the game transports players to Rockstar’s vision of the American West at the turn of the 20th century. It follows the tale of reformed outlaw John Marston as he strives to protect his family and bring the members of his former gang to justice.
Here’s a quick rundown of everything included in the Red Dead Redemption: GOTY Edition.
- Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode
- Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer* modes
- Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon
- Liars and Cheats Pack*, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle
- Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston
- Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players
- All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack
- Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360
- Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in
Undead Nightmare expands the single-player narrative as John Marston attempts to eradicate a mysterious zombie outbreak and discover a cure. The single-player experience features new challenges, quests, and ambient events, including Missing Persons, where the player must find a missing survivor lost amongst the throngs of undead. New multiplayer content includes Undead Overrun, a multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and is available now in North America for $49.99.