The Amazing Race is a great reality TV show, and Ubisoft hopes it’ll make for a popular video game too: the company today released The Amazing Race videogame for the Nintendo Wii.
In the game, which carries the low price of $29.99, players can participate in one of the most exciting reality games and compete against their friends to win the ultimate challenge. Just like the TV show, in The Amazing Race video game players will race each other across the globe in a quest to be the first to arrive at the final destination. Players can play in two-player cooperative matches or four-player competitive matches as they grab their clues, choose their transportation, and make their way to the pitstop to “meet” host Phil Keoghan.
For an authentic experience, players will complete Detours, Road blocks, Fast Forwards and Intersections as they race in exotic locations. Competitors will experience all of the excitement of the show as they compete against each other and overcome unexpected obstacles to be the first to reach the pit stop.
Some of the game’s key features include:
- 16 different types of minigames
- The ability to choose from short, medium or long races
- Races in 84 unique locations, 28 cities and 5 continents
- Being able to play against familiar “themed” teams like Goths, Cowboys and Students
- Experience random events, like flat tires and shortcuts that give teams an extra boost or obstacle