Here’s a slightly delayed PR so apologies all around.
Heroes of Newerth (HoN), the massively popular video game based off of the cult Defense of the Ancients mod looks to make a significant impact on the multiplayer gaming market as it launches today, Wednesday, the 12th of May.
With nearly three million beta subscribers comprising the active and loyal community, HoN is poised to be the number one player in a competitive market. Including over sixty unique characters, integrated voice chat, full clan support and a quick reconnect feature amongst the myriad of features, Heroes of Newerth is geared to satisfy anyone looking for an engrossing multiplayer, team-based experience.
“It’s been an amazing three years so far,” states Marc DeForest, CEO and Founder, S2 Games. “We’ve had such a good ride through the Beta period, now we’re excited about getting the game out to as many people as possible. The team has put a lot into making this game the best multiplayer experience it can be, and we’re looking forward to new and old fans alike playing and enjoying Heroes of Newerth.”
Heroes of Newerth is available for the Windows, MAC and Linux platforms for $30.00 (USD) from www.heroesofnewerth.com.
In Heroes of Newerth, two teams of up to five players each take on the role of special Hero units. With the assistance of AI-controlled armies, each team sets out with the sole objective of destroying the other team’s base. As a match progresses, players can earn experience and gold which can be used to upgrade skills or purchase items to make their character more powerful. The team-oriented design of HoN coupled with unprecedented social and community tools, in depth statistics, seamless Voice-Over-IP integration, and Clan Support allow for an incredibly deep, tactical team-based experience.
Some of the unique features of HoN include the following:
* 63 playable Hero characters, over 100 items as well as regular content updates to ensure no two games of HoN will ever be the same.
* Client/Server Architecture eliminates lag, cheats and map hacking
* Quick reconnect feature allows players to jump right back into their game should they get disconnected
* In-game VOIP for fast and easy communication with teammates
* Game archives and replay support for all games played on official servers (players can rewind, slow down, fast forward, and otherwise pinpoint the exact part of a match that they wish to view)
* Built upon the proprietary K2 engine to deliver enhanced graphics while maintaining low system specs
* Powerful map editor and mod capabilities
* Available in six language translations: English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Russian.
* Available for PC, Mac, and Linux
About S2 Games
The core S2 Games team is an experienced group of developers from diverse backgrounds, including film, fine art, computer science and business. Through this mix of skill and experience, a synergy is born creating a fresh perspective in game design. The mission of the S2 Games team is to create the next level of multiplayer gaming. With the creation of the K2™ Engine, they have the freedom to take online multiplayer games to heights not reached before. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.s2games.com.