While there were some flaws in the original Mafia game, it was a fun experience. It’s been a long wait for the sequel though, and 2K Games is going all out with a Collector’s Edition for Mafia II.
2K Games is pleased to present the Mafia® II Collector’s Edition for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Available in limited quantities across select North American retailers and internationally, all three versions of the Mafia II Collector’s Edition will contain both physical and digital elements that further enhance the epic mobster crime drama experience. 2K Games is also excited to announce a partnership in North America with GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart.com to provide incentives, including free downloadable content or gift cards, to customers who pre-order Mafia II through those retailers. Gamers can now pre-order Mafia II and the Mafia II Collector’s Edition at select retailers.
“The first Mafia title was a critical success, and we are excited to deliver an epic sequel to fans of the game and of Mafia entertainment,” said Christoph Hartmann, president, 2K. “By offering a Collector’s Edition, special pre-order incentives and downloadable content for Mafia II, we are able to show our appreciation for those guys wise enough to reserve their copies early.”
In addition to a copy of the highly anticipated Mafia II game, the Mafia II Collector’s Edition will contain the following content:
- Collectible SteelBook™ Casing: Brushed metallic SteelBook hard case with debossed logo containing two pieces of art featuring Vito and Joe, the stars of Mafia II.
- Made Man Pack: Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets players get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles modeled after cars from the period. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.
- Hardcover Art Book: Get to know the families of Empire Bay with a 100-page photo album-style art book that takes fans through the artistic design process of the game.
- Mafia II Orchestral Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in Empire Bay’s symphonic masterpiece with the Mafia II score recorded by the Prague FILMHarmonic Orchestra on CD.
- Map of Empire Bay: Get familiar with the neighborhoods and own the streets with a high quality, tear-resistant map depicting the 10 square miles of Empire Bay and all the hangout spots.
For those ready to get made now, the following pre-order items are being offered in North America by GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart.com. The downloadable content packs will also be available at select international retailers.
- Vegas Pack (GameStop): Get a taste of old school Vegas in this new DLC pack from Mafia II. Bring a taste of Vegas to Empire Bay as you cruise through the town in two new cars with smooth handling and timeless lines. Vito shows his Vegas style in two new suits inspired by movies and music of the time.
- War Hero Pack (GameStop): The ’40s wouldn’t be complete without a war hero. Vito plays the role well in the War Hero DLC pack. Drive two military style vehicles and notice the superior handling in all weather conditions. Vito looks sharp in two new military outfits, including fatigues and a dress uniform.
- Renegade Pack (Amazon): Show off your inner renegade in this new DLC pack. Start with two new cars, one with the slick styling and tight handling of a small sports coupe and the other with the revved up engine of a ’50s hot rod. Outfit Vito in two new suits, including leather and lettermen’s jackets to fit his renegade persona.
- Greaser Pack (Best Buy): Free access to the in-game downloadable content pack that is all about speed. These two new hot-rod speedsters will win you pink slips every time. Pair them with two new outfits for Vito — a leather jacket with heavy boots, and a leather racing suit — and get your engines revving.
- $10 Gift Card (Wal-Mart.com): Pre-order Mafia II at Wal-Mart.com and receive a $10 Wal-Mart e-gift card.
Through a compelling narrative, Mafia II transports gamers into the dark and unforgiving world of the Mafia. The fiction is embellished by a sophisticated, era-evoking atmosphere that meticulously replicates the clothing, cars, music and advertising of 1940’s and 1950’s Americana. Players will easily become immersed in the game’s cinematic Hollywood-style experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing metropolis. By fusing high-octane gunplay with white-knuckle driving and an engaging narrative, Mafia II looks to be the industry’s most compelling Mafia title to date.
Mafia II is currently in development by 2K Czech, the same creative team behind the award-winning, genre-defining Mafia®, which captivated millions of gamers around the world. Mafia II is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and will be available in North America on August 24, 2010 and internationally beginning August 27, 2010.
For more information on Mafia II, please visit www.mafia2game.com. For more information about North American and international retailers please visit the Mafia II website www.mafia2game.com/preorder.
You have quite a few options for the downloadable content, not to mention all the items included with the Collector’s Edition. Get an offer you can’t refuse in late August.