If you’ve played some Quake Live in your browser, then you know that it plays surprising well. If you want to get some extra goodies though, you’re going to have to pay for them.
id Software LLC, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced that ‘Premium’ and ‘Pro’ subscriptions are available for QUAKE LIVETM. QUAKE LIVE, a free-to-play first person shooter that can be played in a web browser, now offers players the ability to enhance their current free-to-play experience.
The Premium Subscription, which can be purchased for £1.59/€1.99 per month, billed annually, includes:
- Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favourites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats;
- An all new ‘Freeze Tag’ game mode;
- Exclusive premium level awards;
- Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans;
- Custom QUAKE LIVE profile wallpaper; and
- Match statistics stored for six months.
The Pro Subscription, which can be purchased for £3.18/€3.99 per month, billed annually, includes all of the premium subscription features as well as:
- The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite who you want to join you;
- With the Pro Subscription, you can invite three friends with Standard level memberships to play with you in any Premium level map;
- Exclusive pro awards;
- Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans; and
- Match statistics stored for 12 months.
The QUAKE LIVE ‘Standard’ version is still free to play and includes friend lists, access to one clan, matchmaking, and stats tracking delivered through a web browser with over 40 arenas and five game modes.
To create a QUAKE LIVE account and for more information please visit: http://www.quakelive.com.
Not a bad deal if you like to play the game and want to get a few extras. Look for these options now.