The latest DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops has made its way to Xbox Live today, with the “Escalation” add-on now available for download for the low, low price of 1,200 Microsoft Points. To celebrate the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation, Activision and Treyarch today are hosting a “Grudge Match” on Xbox Live for ultimate Call of Duty bragging rights. Basketball superstars Deron Williams of the New Jersey Nets and Tyreke Evans of the Sacramento Kings will lead teams in a head-to-head match-up featuring members of the Treyarch development team and Call of Duty: Black Ops fans.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation includes four new multiplayer maps and an unprecedented Zombie experience featuring famed director George A. Romero, Robert Englund, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Michael Rooker and Danny Trejo. In addition, Black Ops: Escalation has an original music track from Avenged Sevenfold titled “Not Ready to Die.”
Here are the descriptions for the four new multiplayer maps in Call of Duty: Escalation and its sweet new zombie mode:
- Hotel, where players battle it out on the roof of a Cuban luxury hotel and casino against the vivid backdrop of old Havana
- Convoy, which delivers intense, close-quarters combat at the scene of an ambushed U.S. military convoy
- Zoo, which sets gamers on an eerie ride through an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo with danger at every turn
- Stockpile, which pits players in a remote Russian farm town, housing secret WMD facilities
- Call of the Dead, Escalation’s Zombie experience that assembles a zombie-carnage dream team to fight against a new and undefeatable zombie horde menace, all set in the dark, ice-covered isles of Siberia.
If you haven’t done so already, pick up Black Ops now. You can read our full reasoning here in our Call of Duty: Black Ops review.