Gears of War 3 is getting its first dose of DLC on November 1, as the Horde Command Pack is slated to release that day for 800 Microsoft Points. The Horde Command Pack will download automatically for Xbox 360 owners who purchased the Gears of War 3 Season Pass, which provides subscribers the game’s first four rounds of DLC for 33% off.
The Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack includes three new maps, three new playable characters, two new weapon skins and additional achievements worth 250 Gamerscore. It also includes new fortification upgrades to help players mow down the Lambent and Locust threats in Horde mode.
The three new maps in the Horde Command Pack are:
- Blood Drive: The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung: Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura: This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
The new fortification upgrades are:
- Command Center: A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade: A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade: This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade: This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
The new character skins, meanwhile, are Onyx Guard, Big Rig Dizzy and Bernie. The new weapon skins are Team Plasma and Jungle Camo.