Guilty Gear 2: Overture will appear on the Xbox 360 exclusively, Aksys Games announced today. Guilty Gear 2: Overture is scheduled to appear on Xbox 360 in Q3 2008.
Guilty Gear 2: Overture will take the frantic one-on-one fighting game series in a new direction: as a tactical action game.
“Guilty Gear 2: Overture retains a lot of elements that the fighting games are known for, so it’s cool to see how familiar moves like the Gun Flame make the transition to 3D,” said Michael Manzanares, Project Lead. “Except now though, you’re facing off against an entire army instead of just one character. You’ll lose badly if you think you’re a one-man army, so you definitely have to remember that you have your own army to command.”
Set in the far future, Guilty Gear 2 Overture tells the story that takes place after humanity succeeded in developing an endless energy called the divine power. Although humans were able to obtain wisdom, mankind could not cast aside their foolishness. Tension among the major powers led to the creation of biological weapons that were based on that power: Gears.
Justice, the only Gear able to command the legions of biological weapons, went berserk and declared war on all of humanity. That was the beginning of The Crusades. In response, mankind formed an order of elite knights, and with their participation, Justice was defeated. With her fall, all Gears ceased to function and entered a dormant state. The long-lasted Crusades came to an end, and it seemed like mankind restored peace.
Of course, we all know peace didn’t last, because if it had, we wouldn’t have this game now, would we?
Here are some key features for Guilty Gear 2 Overture:
- Tactical Melee Action: Take part in battle alongside your servants and destroy your enemies
- More than 50 Servants at Your Disposal: Engage in dynamic battles by balancing resources and deploying troops to turn the tide of battle
- Dual Language: Experience the thrilling continuation of the Guilty Gear saga with fully voiced dialogue
- Multiplayer Deathmatch: Team battle or Free-for-all, test your mettle on Xbox Live with up to four players
- Refined Mechanics:Enjoy new items, skills, tweaks, and additional modes not seen in the original import