Kinect Sports: Season Two is still new to retail, but Microsoft and Rare have released the game’s first batch of free downloadable content today, as Kinect Sports: Season Two Challenge Pack #1 brings six new sweat-inducing activities to the game.
Kinect Sports: Season Two Challenge Pack #1 is a free game add-on courtesy of its sponsorship by Braun. The free DLC is the first of what will end up being monthly updates for Kinect Sports: Season Two. It’s unclear whether all DLC will be sponsored and free, or whether this initial DLC is unique in that regard.
Available via Xbox Live Marketplace today (Nov. 7), Challenge Pack #1 includes six new Challenge Play activities, one for each of the six sports in the core game. The new activities are available in both Quick Play and Challenge Play modes, allowing you to compete with your friends and family either in your living room or send a challenge over Xbox Live.
All told, the add-on content in Kinect Sports: Season Two Challenge Pack #1 includes:
- Baseball: Frantic Fielder – Oil up your mitt and get ready for action! “Frantic Fielder” for Baseball gives all new meaning to playing catch. Fielding an endless stream of balls from a lineup of mascots tests everything from hand-eye coordination to speed. The more you catch the harder it gets – three misses and you’re OUT!
- Darts: Smart Shot – Exercise the brain and throwing arm simultaneously with “Smart Shot” for Darts. If hitting the bulls-eye wasn’t challenge enough, try competing against the clock with mathematical puzzles that require a sharp mind and even sharper aim.
- Football: Crazy Kicker – As the star kicker in “Crazy Kicker” for Football, you’ll discover the challenge of making a 40-yard field goal with all eyes watching. Account for factors like distance and wind to line up your shot perfectly and score! The crowd and mascots will cheer you on with every amazing goal.
- Golf: Champion Chip – “Champion Chip” for Golf takes the short game to a new level. Chip shots become increasingly challenging from different surfaces, distances, and with natural obstacles like wind steering the course.
- Skiing: Cool Ringings – Swoosh down the slopes with a license for speed, dodging mascots and ringing the cowbells for extra points in “Cool Ringings” for Skiing. Five different courses help players build their ski legs just in time for ski season.
- Tennis: Rapid Returner – Breaking a sweat is easy with “Rapid Returner” for Tennis, where mascots serve up a variety of zingers at increasing speeds to the forehand, backhand, net and baseline. If you’re looking for the ultimate Tennis training game, grab your racquet for and get ready for action
We will have a full review of Kinect Sports: Season Two this week.