One of the Xbox One launch titles Microsoft has touted since Day One has been Forza Motorsport 5, a racing game exclusive to the company’s next-gen console. Microsoft pulled out all the promotional stops at E3, and now eight weeks later, the company has revealed the first details for the Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition and Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Edition. Both of them are available for pre-order starting today.
With multiple car packs, VIP membership privileges, and packed-in content, the Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition is the ultimate package for Forza Motorsport 5 fans. The Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition features the all-new 2014 Audi RS 7 Sportback on the cover and, for $79.99, will include the following content:
- Limited Edition Car Pack – This five-car pack features new cars that are already destined for legendary status. Each car in the “Forza Motorsport 5” Limited Edition Car Pack will feature a Limited Edition livery and will be tuned to the top of its respective class. The cars in the “Forza Motorsport 5” Limited Edition Car Pack include the 2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback, the 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish, the 2013 Ford M Shelby Mustang GT500, the 2013 McLaren P1, and the 2013 SRT Viper GTS.
- VIP Membership – Forza Motorsport 5 VIPs enjoy exclusive benefits, including 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, an exclusive in-game player card badge, and in-game gifts from the Forza community team. VIPs will also have access to the Forza Motorsport 5 VIP Car Pack, featuring five amazing cars only available to VIP members, including the 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, the 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird, the 1991 Mazda #55 787B, the 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, and the 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
- Day One Car Pack – A three-car pack featuring special liveries and custom tuned cars (see below for details).
- A custom Steelbook case
- A decal sheet featuring “Forza Motorsport 5”, “Xbox One”, and Audi window decals
- 1,250 car tokens (a $9.99 value) that will allow Limited Edition owners instant access to any car in the game
The Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Edition, meanwhile, has commemorative packaging whose artwork matches the Xbox One Day One console design. Available for $59.99, the Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Edition includes the standard game as well as the Day One Car Pack. This three-car pack features cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10. The Day One Car Pack includes the 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe, the 2013 Ford Focus ST, and the 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera.
Clearly the Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition is the way to go if you’re a big racing-game fan and plan on getting an Xbox One. But hey, if you know you’re going to get the game when the Xbox One launches and don’t want to pony up the extra $20, it’s nice to know Microsoft is including some bonus goodies for you in the Day One edition of the game, too.