One of the best arcade-inspired racing games of all time, Need for Speed Rivals, is getting a revamp for the next-gen consoles. And it’s going to race onto PS4 and Xbox One much sooner than you might expect.
Electronic Arts has taken the wraps off Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition, announcing that the game will ship for the next-gen consoles on October 21 in North America and October 24 in Europe. A PS3 and Xbox 360 version of Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition will also be available, though the focus is clearly on PS4 and Xbox One.
Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition includes the original core game plus all six DLC packs released to date.
NFS Rivals Complete Edition once again lets players choose sides between the street racers and the police. Cruising through Redview County at high speeds is ridiculously fun in both capacities, and it promises to be even more so in Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition because the game includes even more cars.
Each side of the law has its own set of high-stakes challenges, rewards and consequences. As a result, there are good reasons to play as both sides throughout the game and in the multiplayer modes.
The six previously released DLC packs included in the game are:
- Ferrari Edition Special Complete Pack – Includes both Cop and Racer versions of these extreme machines – The Ferrari F40 and the Ferrari F50.
- Simply Jaguar Complete Pack – Includes both Cop and Racer versions of the Jaguar C-X75, the most advanced Jaguar ever created, and the Jaguar XJ220 – the world’s first Hypercar.
- Concept Lamborghini Complete Pack – Includes both Cop and Racer versions of the astonishing Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo and the stunning Lamborghini Miura Concept.
- The Koenigsegg Agera One – The Koenigsegg One:1 is in a category of its own. It´s not a Supercar or Hypercar, but a car that reproduces the almost-impossible and highly sought-after ratio of one horsepower per kilogram.
- Complete Movie Pack – Includes Cop and Racer versions of the GTA Spano; and Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. Plus, the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722 Edition as a Cop and the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR Roadster 722 S as a Racer.
- Loaded Garage Pack – Complete your vehicle collection with the Loaded Garage Pack which includes the Ultimate Cop Pack, Ultimate Racer Pack, Premium Livery Pack, Classic Muscle Livery, Track Day Livery, VIP Matte Kit Livery and Digital Revolution Livery.
If you’re interested in the game you can pre-order it starting today from your favorite retailer. We recommend you do; the original game was outstanding.