It may seem early, but the Pittsburgh Steelers travel to Cleveland today for a Week 1 rematch against the Browns that five weeks ago went decidedly in the Steelers’ favor. Although the Browns made a huge comeback in Week 1, the Steelers held on for their closest win of the 2014 season.
The Pittsburgh Steelers had two stars in their Week 1 win over the Browns. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a huge game against the Browns, completing 23 of 34 passes for 365 yards and a touchdown. With the Browns offering the league’s 27th best passing defense, there’s no reason to think Big Ben can’t repeat that performance.
Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell also had a big Week 1 game against the Browns. He rushed for 109 yards and added six catches for 88 yards. Cleveland’s defense hasn’t improved in the four weeks since, so Bell, like Roethlisberger, could have another big yardage day.
The Browns offense has shown much more improvement though, to the point that quarterback Brian Hoyer has cemented his status as the starting QB over Johnny Manziel. In Week 1 Hoyer completed 19 of 31 passes for 230 yards and led a comeback that tied the game at 27 with 11:15 to go. Pittsburgh proved too much at the end, but Hoyer has since gone on to pass for 1,007 yards and six touchdowns.
Last week against the Titans, Hoyer brought the Browns back from a 28-3 deficit late in the first half to pull out a stunning 29-28 win over Tennessee. Cleveland’s defense locked-down on the Titans in the second half, while Hoyer finished 21 of 37 for 292 yards.
Here are the details you need to know to watch Steelers vs Browns live online free streaming today:
- Kickoff for Today’s Steelers vs Browns game: 1:00pm EST / 10:00 am PST
- Venue: FirstEnergy Stadium (Cleveland Browns are the home team)
- Who’s favored / point spread before you watch the Steelers vs Browns game: Cleveland Browns are a 2-point favorite
- Live stream the Steelers / Browns game on CBS here
- Watch live free online on the DirecTV website here (requires an NFL Sunday Ticket subscription with MAX package)