It looks like iOS companies are coming out of the woodwork to celebrate “International Talk Like a Pirate Day,” as app publisher Coladia is slashing the price of “Destination: Treasure Island” to $1.99 — down from $19.90 on Mac and $4.99 on iPad. Destination: Treasure Island is a Point-and-Click adventure game inspired by the Robert Louis Stevenson’s novel Treasure Island.
With an interactive inventory using object combinations and a new system of knot puzzles, users have to resolve dozens of fascinating enigmas. In the game’s exotic environment, gamers will play as Jim Hawkins, the hero, as they try to reach the treasure that Long John Silver hide on Emerald Island.
In the game, four years have passed since the end of the adventure recounted in Robert Louis Stevenson’s novel. Jim Hawkins has become an upstanding adventurous young man, attentive to those around him. Imagine his surprise when, one morning, he sees a parrot enter his bedroom window: none other than Captain Flint, Long John’s own companion. The bird brings him a message from his master. In the message the old pirate announces that he has buried a marvelous treasure on the secret isle where he retired : Emerald Island. Jim is going to have to hurry though. Pirates, old enemies of Long John, are on his trail.
* Retina HD graphics on iPhone 4
* A thrilling quest: Set out in search of the incredible treasure
* The sequel of R.L. Stevenson’s adventure: A tale that has fascinated millions of readers for years
* A varied, exotic environment. Highly coloured and detalied graphics to give you a real taste for travel
* A treasure trail: Danger at every turn, too keep you in suspense for hours
* A innovative game system: An interactive inventory using object combinations and a new system of knot puzzles
* Dozens of fascinating enigmas: Resolve them or never reach the treasure
* US English, French, German, Italian and Spanish