Sony Pictures has some “bad” news for your early summer: the studio plans to relieve you of some cash. Fortunately, it’s for a good reason. The Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Blu-ray box set will ship June 3, and pre-orders are now available from Amazon if you want to get it on its street date. Check Amazon’s latest discounts.
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series comes in two different box sets, both of which can be priced and ordered using the Amazon link above. The first is a 16-disc Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Blu-ray set featuring more than 55 hours of bonus content. The most compelling bonus content is the Blu-ray exclusive “No Half Measures: Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad” documentary. The documentary chronicles the making of the final season, from filming the first table read to the very last day on set and everything in between.
The other flavor of box set is a 21-disc Breaking Bad: The Complete Series DVD set featuring more than 50 hours of bonus content.
Here’s a breakdown of the exclusive bonus features on the Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Blu-ray box set. Again, these things total more than 55 hours — almost 1.5 full work weeks.
- “No Half Measures: Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad,” an exclusive two-hour documentary that chronicles the filming of the final eight episodes
- Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments
- Bryan Cranston: Director – Go on set with Bryan Cranston as he directs the first episode of The Final Season, entitled “Blood Money”
- Scene Envy – The cast tell us which scene they wish they could have been in
- Shocking Moments – The stars reveal the moments that shocked them most
- A Look Ahead to the Final Season – The cast gives their thoughts on the amazing final season
- From Walt to Heisenberg – From high school teacher to deadly meth dealer, watch as Walter White quickly transforms into Heisenberg
- How Will It End? – At the beginning of Season 5, the cast gives their thoughts on how they think the show will end
- Avenging Agent: Dean Norris as Hank Schrader – A look at the character Hank Schrader and the man who played him, Dean Norris
- Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who played her, Betsy Brandt
- A Criminal Attorney: Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman – A look at the character Saul Goodman and the man who played him, Bob Odenkirk
- Jesse’s Journey: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman – A look at the character Jesse Pinkman and the man who played him, Aaron Paul
- Skyler Breaks Bad: Anna Gunn on Season Four – Actress Anna Gunn and series creator Vince Gilligan explore Skyler’s character evolution through the fourth season
- Growing Up in the White House: RJ Mitte on Walter, Jr. – RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bryan Cranston and series creator Vince Gilligan discuss the extraordinary dynamics of the White family, and Walter, Jr.’s unique role.
- The Ultimate Chess Match – Members of the cast and crew discuss Walter White and Gus Fring’s extraordinary and complicated battle of wits and their struggle for Jesse’s allegiance
- Looking Back: A Season Four Retrospective – Season Four’s most surprising and memorable moments
- Ted’s Wipeout – In Episode 411, “Crawl Space,” Ted Beneke suffers a head injury while trying to escape from Saul’s goons. In this featurette, Christopher Cousins (Ted) explains how this shocking stunt was accomplished
- The Truck Attack Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the Los Pollos Hermanos truck attack and the brilliant shot-by-shot storyboards that were created for the episode “Bullet Points
- Walt and the Challenger Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of Walt’s joy ride in Walt Jr.’s new Dodge Challenger and the storyboards that were developed for that sequence by the writer and director, Peter Gould
Breaking Bad tells the incredible saga of high school chemistry teacher-turned-meth kingpin Walter White. The Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Blu-ray box set tells Walter’s story in its entirety: all 62 uncut, uncensored episodes. Emmy winner Bryan Cranston portrays Walter White, a family man who turns to crime after a lung cancer diagnosis unravels his bland but simple life. Recruiting former student and small-time drug dealer Jesse Pinkman (Emmy winner Aaron Paul) to be his partner in crime, Walt rises to the top of the meth trade, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake. But he can’t keep his dogged DEA agent brother-in-law Hank Schrader (Dean Norris) off his trail forever. Will Walt get away with it all, or die trying? Re-live every moment of this groundbreaking original series with riveting performances by Emmy® winner Anna Gunn, Giancarlo Esposito, Jonathan Banks, Bob Odenkirk, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte and more.