On October 21st, The Incredible Hulk will smash its way onto DVD and Blu-ray Disc, Universal Studios Home Entertainment announced today. Both the Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray versions will include a HUlk-sized dose of bonus material, but the Blu-ray version will include several special features exclusive to that copy.
Click the following link if you’d like to see The Incredible Hulk Blu-ray cover art.
The Incredible Hulk Blu-ray will be presented in widescreen 2.35:1 1080p video on a BD-50 disc. The default audio will be DTS HD Master Audio 5.1, with Spanish and French audio tracks having DTS Surround 5.1. The film will also include subtitles in English, Spanish and French.
Both the Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray releases will include more than two hours of bonus features, including an exclusive, never-before-seen alternate opening and a digital copy of the film that is compatible with your iPod, PC or Mac. The two-disc Blu-ray set will also include all-new, interactive features including My Chat, an application that allows viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the film.
The full roster of bonus features is below.
- U Control (Blu-ray Exclusive): Universal’s signature feature, U Control is a Picture-in-Picture feature that puts viewers one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without interrupting the movie. The popup features include animated comic book panels, storyboards, early renderings of the visual effects, interactive cast and crew interviews and exclusive information about the characters, back story, and physics.
- Thunderbolt Files — Explore the top-secret files of the forces hunting The Hulk with this interactive feature that takes you deeper into the movie – without ever leaving the film.
- Scene Explorer — Discover the secrets behind the special effects! Explore all the individual layers that go into an effects-intensive scene with this unique Blu-ray feature.
- Comic Book Gallery — Enjoy a Hi-Def experience of the classic comic book images that inspired key shots in the movie.
- BD-Live (Blu-ray Exclusive): Blu-ray and PlayStation 3 players with an Internet connection can access exclusive interactive applications that allow viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the film:
- My Chat — Connect to BD-Live via the Internet to chat with friends while watching the movie and conduct your very own private screening discussions.
- My Scenes Sharing — Share your favorite clips with your buddies through the BD Live Internet connection
- The Making of THE INCREDIBLE HULK: An in-depth look at the making of the blockbuster film, featuring interviews with Edward Norton, director Louis Leterrier, and producers Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and the entire cast and crew. The documentary covers the film’s innovative take on the character, look and storyline, as well as the casting process, production and profile of director Louis Leterrier.
- Becoming The Hulk: This featurette focuses on Edward Norton’s approach to the iconic role and the incredible visual effects employed by award-winning studio Rhythm & Hues to create the character on screen.
- Becoming The Abomination: From the first motion-capture session to the visual effects at Rhythm & Hues, viewers go behind the scenes with actor Tim Roth and watch as he transforms both his mind and body into the super villain known as The Abomination
- Anatomy of a Hulk Out: Behind-the-scenes looks at three of the movie’s most exciting action sequences:
- Hulking Out in the Bottling Plant — Go inside the first action sequence of the film where both viewers and the army are given a glimpse of the Hulk to come.
- Hulking Out on Campus — A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of a Hulk action sequence, featuring airplanes, guns, and even a sound machine.
- Hulking Out in Harlem — From pre-visualization animatics to visual effects, this featurette shows how filmmakers created one of the largest action sequences in Marvel film history.
- From Comic Book to Screen: See the incredible comic books come to life courtesy of narration, sound effects and “living” panels of action.
- Feature Commentary With Director Louis Leterrier And Cast
- Digital Copy of THE INCREDIBLE HULK: Compatible with PC, Mac or iPod.
- Deleted Scenes