The year’s biggest downloadable shooter, Section 8: Prejudice, is coming to the PlayStation 3 on July 26 (July 27 in Europe), publisher TimeGate announced today. Section 8: Prejudice will carry a PlayStation Network (PSN) price of $14.99.
Section 8: Prejudice on PS3 will include five game modes, including the recently unveiled Skirmish mode, plus four multiplayer maps.
For the first week, anyone who purchases Section 8: Prejudice on PSN will receive the Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack for free. That content includes two armor skins, early unlocks and two additional multiplayer maps. In addition, if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you’ll receive the exclusive in-game Hunter Armor, and if you’re one of the first 1,000 Plus subscribers to purchase Section 8: Prejudice, you’ll receive a free copy of the original Section 8 game.
Here are the key features of Section 8: Prejudice on PS3:
- Mobilize by Drop Spawning from 15,000 feet, use Jet Packs to evade enemies, and ram opponents in Overdrive
- Campaign mode: 5-hour story-driven single-player campaign
- Conquest mode: Large-scale multiplayer for up 40 players
- Swarm mode: Four player co-op mode where shooter gameplay meets tower defense
- Assault mode: Team-versus-team game mode where teams race to capture all Control Points in the fastest time
- Skirmish mode: Team-versus-team death match where Control Points cannot be captured and Victory Points are awarded for kills and completed missions.
- Offline bot support for all game modes
- Highly customizable weapon and equipment loadouts; deep level progression and unlockable content systems
- Dynamic Combat Missions: ensure no two multiplayer games ever play the same
- Stats Portal that allows players to track their lifetime statistics, join Clans, compete in TimeGate-run events and more