Below is a “sneak peak” at 12 of the hottest cars to be featured in the Test Drive Unlimited 2. You can get your copy on February 8, 2011 when it releases for Xbox 360 and PS3. The list includes four of the top five most expensive cars in the world: Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo, Pagani Zonda C12 and the Koenigsegg CCX. Read more about them, and eight others, below.
If this list intrigues you, you may want to consider pre-ordering the racer from Amazon using either of these links: Test Drive Unlimited 2 for Xbox 360 | Test Drive Unlimited 2 for PS3. Now, on to the list of cars we’ll never see, let alone drive, in real life.
- Aston Martin One-77 – One-77 fuses advanced technology with stunning Aston Martin design to create possibly the world’s most desirable automotive art form. Based on a sophisticated carbon fibre chassis with a handcrafted aluminium body, this 7.3 litre V12 super car will deliver exhilarating performance for a strictly limited number of discerning customers.
- Bugatti Veyron – The Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 is a rear mid-engined grand touring car. The Super Sport version is the fastest road-legal car in the world, with a top speed of 431.07 km/h (267.85 mph).
- Chevrolet Camaro SS – Chevy Camaro is an excellent performance-car value whether it’s equipped with the base direct-injected V6-powered base Camaro can sprint to 60 mph in 6.0 seconds, thanks to 300 horsepower.
- Corvette C1 – The Chevrolet Corvette (C1) is the first generation of the sports car by the Chevrolet division of General Motors introduced late in the 1953 model year and produced through 1962. It is commonly referred to as the “solid-axle” generation, as the independent rear suspension didn’t appear until the 1963 Sting Ray
- Dirty Blue Audi TTS Roadster – Audi TT RS has a turbocharged 2.5-liter engine with direct gasoline injection; it produces 250 kW (340 bhp) and 450 Nm (331.90 lb.-ft.) of torque. The blazing five-cylinder engine enables the Audi TT RS to perform extraordinary feats.
- Dodge Viper SRT 10 – The Dodge Viper SRT10 is Dodge’s flagship supercar model. It is a two-door, two-seat vehicle based on the Dodge Viper. The Viper SRT10 originated in 2003 as a roadster boasting an 8.3 liter V10 producing a staggering 500 HP.
- Ferrari Enzo – The Enzo Ferrari is a 12 cylinder mid-engine berlinetta named after the company’s founder, built in 2002 using Formula One technology, such as a carbon-fibre body, F1-style electrohydraulic shift transmission, and Carbon fibre-reinforced Silicon Carbide (C/SiC) ceramic composite disc brakes.
- Koenigsegg CCXR Edition – The Koenigsegg CCXR Edition is a limited edition of the Koenigsegg CCXR manufactured in 2008, only available by special order in a very limited run of 4 production models.
- McLaren MP4-12C – McLaren MP4-12C is a sports car set to be launched in 2011. The MP4-12C features a carbon fibre composite chassis, and will be powered by a mid-mounted McLaren M838T 3.8-litre V8 twin-turbo engine developing approximately 592 bhp (441 kW; 600 PS) and around 443 lb•ft (601 N•m) of torque. The car makes use of Formula 1-sourced technologies such as “brake steer”, where the inside rear wheel is braked during fast cornering to reduce understeer.
- Pagani Zonda C12 F – The C12 uses a 7,010 cc (428 cu in) AMG-tuned version of the engine producing 550 PS (400 kW; 540 hp). It can accelerate to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 3.7 secs, to 100 mph (160 km/h) in 7.5 secs and complete the quarter mile in 11.3 secs at 131 mph (211 km/h). The C12 S features an elongated nose, flaps at the rear for improved aerodynamics, and new light clusters and exhausts. Only fifteen 7.0 L C12 S cars were produced.
- Spyker C8-AILERON – The road going Spyker C8 Aileron is powered by an Audi 4.2 Liter V8 that produces 400 HP and accelerate from 0 to 60 MPH in 4.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 187 MPH.
- Wiesmann Roadster MF3 – The Wiesmann Roadster has been in production since 1993. It is a dynamic and powerful sports car, intended for enthusiasts looking for something a little different. It includes a 3.2 L, BMW M3 in-line 6 cyl Transmission, 6-speed manual, a max speed of 158 mph, 0-60 mph 4.9 seconds, 325 bhp horsepower @ 7400 rpm and weight 1180 kg, 2601 lbs.