HBO has just released Game of Thrones Ascent on Apple iPad devices. First released via Facebook and on the web last year, Game of Thrones Ascent brings the story-driven social game based on the award-winning HBO show to iPad users. The timing of this release isn’t coincidental; the Game of Thrones Season 4 premiere on HBO is scheduled for April 6.
Many players will no doubt get the app specifically for the Game of Thrones Season 4 season premiere. Reason being, app owners can experience content from the new season in Game of Thrones Ascent every Monday following each new episode.
In Game of Thrones Ascent, players can lead the life of a noble of Westeros, playing with (or against) each other while swindling with the swipe of a finger in a persistent, authentic world.
Game of Thrones Ascent lets fans immerse themselves beyond the books and show and actually live the life of a noble during a time of upheaval within Westeros. Taking part in thousands of story-driven quests, players delve deeply into the lore and develop their own lands and reputation among the Great Houses. Players explore an expansive world filled with deep political and social play involving diplomatic agreements, pacts, marriages and betrothals. Through Alliance challenges, players work with hundreds of others to accomplish great tasks and rise to the top of the Power Rankings.
Game of Thrones Ascent for iPad takes full advantage of iPad device features, including enhanced art and optimized imagery for Retina displays, as well as Game Center leaderboards and iOS 7 support. A newly designed user interface and improved user flow now provides fans with a mobile optimized Game of Thrones social gaming experience.
“We recognize that tablets are actually where so many Game of Thrones fans are either reading the books or watching the TV show,” said Jon Radoff, CEO and Founder of Disruptor Beam, the app’s developer. “So, it makes perfect sense that we bring this great game, which 2 million players have already enjoyed online, to the iPad, giving Game of Thrones fans even more of a chance to immerse themselves in Westeros.”
All the updates made to Game of Thrones Ascent on the Facebook / online version will be reflected in the iPad app and continue leading into the debut of Season 4 of the show on April 6 in the U.S.Game of Thrones Ascent will also continue to be rolled out on additional mobile platforms, including Android, in the near future.
Additional features of Game of Thrones Ascent include:
- Choose your path to success through battle, intrigue or trade. Watch your Power rank increase as you take actions in game.
- Choose your loyalties among Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Targaryen or Tyrell.
- Rule your own noble house! Upgrade your holdings over time. Build your keep, your lands and your forces.
- Customize your character by selecting your lineage and alignment. You can even create your own family banner.
- Build and acquire resources. Send your Sworn Swords on quests and adventures, involving your house in familiar events across Westeros while gaining wealth and power.
- Take part in interactive player-vs-player action, overcoming major challenges and adversaries.
- Play alongside the TV series! With each new TV episode of Game of Thrones, new quests, in-game items and more are added to the game, allowing you to live out the storyline in-game.
- Form in-game alliances with fellow fans by creating your own community within the game to discuss the TV series, game and more. Take part in Alliance vs. Alliance battles and wars with your friends.
You can download Game of Thrones Ascent for iPad at this link.